Wednesday, January 4, 2012

~ TUTORIAL TIP ~ Don't Be Sad ~ Get GLAD (and Reynolds)!!

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a great NEW YEAR!!  I wanted to start off the new year with a tutorial on my favorite way to add stickers to your project with ease. 

One of my favorite things to use in my craft room is GLAD Press 'n Seal.  This is one of the best items I could have purchased.  You can use it alone or team it up with Reynolds wax paper and your craft room is complete!  Let me show you:



First cut a small piece of waxed paper and press n seal. (these boxes will last for what seems like forever) It is hard to see from the pictures, but the press n seal has a textured look and the wax paper is smooth.
Next you will want to lay your stickers on the waxed paper.  With the wax paper, you can remove and restick your stickers so if you don't like something you can remove it with ease!
I used my Martha Stewart cutting mat grid lines as a guide so my stickers would be straight.
Once you have your stickers the way you want them, lay a piece of press n seal on TOP of the stickers.
I use my speedball brayer to roll across the to help the press n seal adhere to the stickers.  Then I use my fingers to rub in between the letters.
Next you will SLOWLY pull the press n seal from the wax paper.  The stickers will now be on the back of the press n seal.
Now position your press n seal stickers on your project/layout.



Again I use my speedball brayer and my finger to smooth the press n seal stickers on my project.
SLOWLY peel the press n seal away from your project and it will leave your stickers beautifully on your project.  DON'T throw away the waxed paper or the press n seal paper because you can reuse them for other projects. 

BEAUTIFUL!!

Now you can align your stickers perfectly on your project.  I remember ruining alot of projects because the stickers would be running downhill and I would be constantly trying to pull them off the project and rip either the sticker or the project or BOTH.  Now I LOVE using stickers! 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial tip and will be able to use this in your craft room!

You can use this same method with your cricut cuts and vinyl!!!  EXCITING!!!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!


7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea... I have such a hard time lining up my stickers... this is great!

    Caffinee22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Another use for Press & Seal. Broke my wrist several years ago and it worked great to wrap the cast in to shower. I knew I liked the Press & Seal. Keep the tips coming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tip!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. who knew? luv this tip...so very useful Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!