Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Be Mine BEE using toilet paper roll

Hi Everyone!!  I wanted to share a project I did using a toilet paper roll.  I made this adorable bee and filled it with Hershey Kisses for a Valentines Day treat for my little sweetie!

 The little bee was super simple to make.  First cover your toilet paper roll in black cardstock.  Then I cut 2 yellow strips of cardstock with my pinking blade.  Cut two 2" circles for the ends and I stamped the face with PK Happy Lashes face stamp.
 I used 2 thin strips of black cardstock and accordion folded them for the antennas and legs.  Cut a heart from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge at 1 1/2" and stamped BE MINE from Close to my heart stamp set.

 I cut the wings out of Vellum using the Art Philosophy cartridge using the petal image.  I then used my cuttlebug and the swiss dots embossing folder to emboss the wings.
 Isn't his stinger cute!!  I used some scrap black cardstock and just rolled it and cut it to a point.
 I addend hearts to the ends of this antennas.


I am really happy with how the bee turned out and cannot wait to give it to my little sweetie!!

I am entering this project in the following challenges!!
Peachy Keen Challenge - use toilet paper roll
My Craft Spot - Valentines (card or treat packaging)
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - use heart on project
Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge - hearts


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!!

21 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute! I love that cute little bee you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. What a neat way to recycle toilet paper rolls. I want to get one of these for Valentine's day. Hershey kisses with almonds. yum.

    Katya
    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bee-utiful! Stunning!Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful project! What a great idea! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness me this is super adorable--soooo very creative! I love it. Thank you so much for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SOOOO much everyone for your kind comments! I really appreciate them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a terrific idea TFS


    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of the cutest toilet paper roll projects I have seen! The little face is so cute! Super job!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable bee, love his lil stinger, very cute and creative, I'd hate to break into it to get the candy out LOL gl

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL- this is hilarious! and soooooo cute , very creative I love the little bee!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic so cute awesome idea on how used it for candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How creative!!!! This bee is SO adorable and absolutely PERFECT!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh - this is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! What a creative use of a toilet paper roll!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! XOXO

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS IS SOOOO Stingin' cute! :) thanks for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SOOOO cute!!! Congrats on making Top 3 this week! Definitely well deserved!!! I'm SOOOO glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great great great little bee. Too cute.

    Congrats on your "win" for PKS. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun and cheerful! What a great way to deliver treats!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so precious and such a creative idea! What amazing execution! I would love to borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!