Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lady Bug Card

Hi Everyone!!  I wanted to share a card I made for my little love bug.  I made this card very simple so she could focus on the lady bug.  I am entering this card in the challenge over at My Creative Time.

 I cut the lady bug out from the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge.
 I used twine for the antennas.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the eyes.  So I filled them in with glossy accents.  I also used my silver ink pad and sponge to ink all over the lady bug.  It gave her a glittered look.
The sentiment is printed from my computer and I used twine around it.  LOVE the way the twine looks!
 I really like how the card turned out.  It seems a bit plain but I didn't want to overdue it for such little eyes!!

Recipe:
 Black and red cardstock
 Sentiment - printed from computer
  Twine - red and black
  glossy accents
  Studio G silver ink pad
  Cricut Cartridge
     Doodlecharms - Lady bug

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your sweet ladybuy/lovebug! Cute sentiment too. Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twine antennae! And the shimmer on the bug is the perfect accent. Cute sentiment.

    Dawn
    DeeGeeScraps

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little love bug lady bug is just too cute! TErrific job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my this little bug is just adorable! love what you did with the twine! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge!
    liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!