Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Star Student Card

Hi Everyone!  I want to show you the card I made for a few of my favorite challenges.  Here is my card.

 Here is a view of the card laying down.  If you can believe it, everything on this card was cut out of a white/cream cardstock (except the kraft paper).
 I cut the star letters from the Cricut Alphabet cartridge on my E2 machine at 1.25" out of white and colored them with Stampin Up Concord Crush marker.  The student font is from the Cursive 101 Cricut cartridge.  I used my gypsy to weld and stretch the word.  The small stars were punched with a star punch and I used Stampin Up Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait ink pads and a sponge dauber to ink them.  And I added a gem in the middle.  The sheer ribbon is 1.5".  I glued the Star letters under the ribbon and glued the student letters on top of the ribbon.  I LOVE this look!! 
 I also punched the larger stars from a punch using the white/cream cardstock .  I used the stampin up 3 colors to stamp the Peachy Keen Faces.  I chose the Snowmany Faces assortment set 3/4" size.  I also used the ink pads and sponge daubers to get the colors on the stars.
 Just look at the Peachy Keen face.  Isn't it ADORABLE!!!  The brown kraft paper is from my stash and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it looks like corkboard.
 I am sooo proud of this card !  It looks 100 times better in person!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Peachy Keen - Color inspiration
Cardz TV - Back to School
Really Resonable Ribbon - Bling and Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

7 comments:

  1. What a great card with lots of great details! I never realized it until you mentioned it, but kraft paper does look like corkboard! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love those adorable stars with their cute smiles. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love cutting in white and colouring too, gives a lot more depth to the cuts. Great job
    Hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! Thanks for playing at Peachy Keen's Color Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a super fun card!! I love the sweet faces on your stars.. Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! Love your take on the colors at PKS Challenges this week. Thanks for joining us!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the cutie faces on the stars. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge by Cardz TV. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!