Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Super Easy Layout Using Squares

Hi Everyone!!  This is a super easy layout using squares for the background and border.

 
I started off with lime green cardstock.   The pattern paper is from Michaels Dollar section (I bought it around Christmas time).   There was several pieces of scalloped squares in the package.  I turned one square to look like a diamond shape and left the other the square.


Next I cut the white flowers from Walk in my Garden Cricut Cartridge and used lime green eyelets for the centers.

Here are 1 x 1 inch black squares turned to look like diamonds for the border at the bottom of the page.  I also have some squares at the top right corner for journaling.   I attached some white glittered ribbon and cut more flowers from WIMG cartridge.  I added some lime green to the back of the flowers so you would see it through the center and added some black dots with a black pen.  I wanted them to look like the patterned paper flowers.



I am really happy how this turned out.  This would also look wonderful with the edges of the squares inked.  I wanted to keep it simple!

Recipe:

Lime Green Cardstock
Pattern Paper Squares
Ribbon
Flower Eyelets
Black gel pen
Walk in my Garden Cricut Cartridge

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!