Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rosette Tutorial using Border Punches or Gypsy


Hello Everyone!  When I saw the new Cricut cartridge Ribbons & Rosettes, I fell in LOVE!!  I wanted to see if I could make rosettes using the Martha Stewart border punches.  You could also use your gypsy to make them.  The Martha Stewart Cake cartridges have some really nice borders that would work or you could design your own using your gypsy.  I have put together a tutorial on how I did them with the MS border punches.


First cut your paper to your desired size.  My paper measures 2 1/2 x 12.  Depending on how big you want your rosette, will determine how many strips you will need to make.  I used 2 strips to make this rosette.  So you will want to cut 2 strips at 2 1/2 x 12 to make the rosette in this tutorial.
Then using your Martha Stewart border punch, punch one side (12" length).
 Next, I used my Martha Steward score board and scored every 1/4 inch.  I didn't score up to the top where the punch is because I didn't want it to rip.  Just start to score under the punched area to the bottom of the strip.
After you get all your score marks, carefully accordion fold (back and forth) the paper.
 This is what it will look like after it is all folded.

After you make 2 of the strips, you will want to glue the end together.   Now you will need to gather the rosette together so you have a small hole in the middle.  This takes a little patience.  Be careful not to tear the border that you punched.  I punched a small circle and glued to the back to hold it together.  I would recommend using hot glue to glue the circle.  I tried my atg glue gun and it didn't work well so I used hot glue and it seemed to work great.
 Now you can embellish your rosette any way you want.  I chose to use prima flowers and a brad in the center.  I also used hot glue to glue the flower on to the rosette.


 I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.  Can you imagine all the possibilities with all the different border punches available?  I plan on doing so much with these rosettes.  If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will be happy to answer them!

Recipe:

Martha Stewart border punch
Martha Stewart score board
blue scrapbooking paper
prima flowers
black brad

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful rosette! Such a great idea using the border punches! How creative!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you done it,looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rosette is very pretty...thanks for the tutorial! This cart is on my never ending wishlist, but like you said, we can use our punches and carts to make them too. TFS!

    Carol
    aka cyimbugbitten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your creativity! I love the Rosettes cartridge and it is on my wish list.:) It is great to know that ANY border punch or cartridge that has a border can be used without the additional $ cost. Thank you,
    Diania

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!