Friday, July 6, 2012

Peachy Keen Chalk It Up Card Challenge

Hi Everyone!!  I am sooo super excited to show you this card I made for the Peachy Keen Challenge.  I LOVE this card!!!  


I saw a technique for the sun on Stamp TV on youtube.  This is a video you won't want to miss.  Click HERE for the video.  I used chalk and the applicator that came with the chalk.  Oh my goodness I LOVE how this sun came out.  Now this is my first attemp at this technique.  It is so easy.
 And a fabulous Peachy Keen face!!  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Close t my Heart.
 I used black and white checkered ribbon from my stash.
 Here is a look at my sun in progress.  I did all the way around the paper (4" x 5 1/2").  Then I decided to cut it down and mat it on a card.  After I did all the rays, I went back with the same color and made circular motions in the center for the sun.  The sun and rays were made with the same tool and same color.  This is such a fabulous technique!!

 Here is the Pebbles chalk sets I used.  I used the classic chalk for the sun and used the pearl metallic chalk for the pink checks and a light yellow color accross the entire card for a shimmer affect.
Supplies:

  Black cardstock
  Yellow and white polka dot paper
  White cardstock
  Pebbles chalk sets
  Close to my Heart Happy Birthday Stamp set
  Peachy Keen Happy Lashes Face Stamps 1 1/8"
  Black Memento Ink Pad

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Love your card. It is soooo happy and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I am pretty new to chalks but thought I may give this challenge a try. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so... Cheerful. I want to go and check this out.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! And thanks for sharing the technique with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE card! I LOVE how bright and cheerful it is! That gingham ribbon is my FAVORITE! It adds that PERFECT pop of color too! the video was AWESOME! Thank You for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and cheerful. Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is such a fun and cheerful card!! I love the chalk technique you used.. Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card and tutorial! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I just adore yellow and black together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a gorgeous, card, Carolyn! Thanks for sharing that technique and for playing along with us for The Peachy Keen Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great chalk idea, perfect for a sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE how adorable this is!! And thanks for showing the technique!! Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!