Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rosette made from MS Elegant Cake Cart

Hi Everyone!!  Today I want to share with you 2 rosettes I made using the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Cartridge. (You CAN use the cake carts in other cricut machines.  I have an expression and it works.)  I used the doily border on page 77.  I used a solid blue cardstock for the one rosette and a colored stripe for the other.  For the blue rosette, I used the "PHRASE" feature and it was cut at 1 x 9".  If you look in your booklet, it will give you the different measurements for each feature.  Now for the colored stripe rosette, I used the same "PHRASE" feature 1 x 9".  However, I used my gypsy and sized it at 1.5 x 11.5".  I wanted you to make 2 rosettes because I know everyone doesn't have a gypsy.  Click HERE if you missed my rosette tutorial.

 I put a button in the center and didn't really like it.  It just needed something more.
 So I removed the button used some ink and inked up the edges and stamped "Thank You" in the center.  I like it much better.  My daughter said it looks like a flower!
 Recipe:

  Paper from my stash
  Close to my heart twilight ink
  close to my heart Say it in Style stamp set
  Circle punch
  Martha Stewart Score Board
  Cricut Cartridges:
    Martha Stewart Elegant Cake

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your comments are so much appreciated!!